Auto Attendant Options:
- User: This option allows for calls to be directed towards a User.
- Call Queue: This option allows for calls to be directed towards a Hunt Group/Call Queue.
- Directory: This option allows the call to dial the First 3-Letters of a User’s Last Name in order to route them to the User they are searching for. **The automated message does not list the users**
- “Welcome to the company directory. Please dial the first three digits of the last name of the person you wish to reach.”
- Caller would then spell the first 3-letters of users last name on dial pad
- *It is recommended that if the caller does not know the Last Name of the User they are trying to reach, there also be a ‘Play Message’ option in the AA to give callers the options. This is also ONLY IF the caller does not know the extension or the Last Name of the User they’re trying to reach.
- Voicemail: Directs call to reach a Voicemail Box
- Voicemail Management: This option allows for a caller to modify their voicemail settings given they enter the pin and extension number.
- External Number: This option allows for calls to be forwarded to a PSTN Number. Calls routed to the PSTN will show the caller ID of the PBX. If you would like to show the caller ID of the original caller you can prefix the 10 digit destination with "0000". For example 00003055551212 vs 3055551212.
- Play Message: Customer can upload a sound file with message to play. A couple of examples this could be used for are “For our office hours press…” “For our holiday hours press…” “For our grand opening day press…” etc.
- Repeat Prompt: This will repeat the ‘Menu Prompt’
- Intro Greetings VS Menu Prompt
- During an Intro Greeting, DTMF tones are not recognized. It is in the Menu Prompt that tones are acknowledged.
- When dialing by Extension caller must press the EXT + # to connect to intended User.
*Note: As of right now, an AA going into another AA has a Max of TWO. (I.e. AA >> AA = Max)