Mobile App - Android
Posted by Albert Diaz, Last modified by Daniel Diaz on 18 March 2021 03:25 PM
SNAPmobile Android is a softphone with Portal capabilities including visual voicemail, call history, contacts, greetings, and answering rules. The key features are:
Android end-users will need to meet the following system requirements on their Android device to utilize SnapMobile V3.0.
OS requirments for SnapMobile V3.0: Android Version 9 or Higher
Users running Android OS V8 or lower will remain active on SnapMobile V2.x.x but will not be able to Re-download or Upgrade the app.
Logging In1. When launching SNAPmobile for the first time, the user will be presented with the login screen.
2. Enter the following details:
Using WiFi1. If WiFi on the phone is disabled when SNAPmobile is launched a prompt will be presented asking the user if they would like to enable WiFi.
2. Enabling WiFi is generally preferred as long as the underlying connection is suitable for VoIP. (Take into consideration bandwidth, packet loss, jitter, latency, etc.)
3. Cellular networks will generally work well but will vary in network quality.
Making and Receiving a Call1. From the Contacts, Voicemail, or Call History view a Dialpad icon will be displayed in the lower right corner.
2. Click the icon to launch the phone dialer view.
Dialing a Call1. From the phone dialer view, the user can dial both internal extensions and external phone numbers.
2. When dialing, the top of the dial window will show autocomplete suggestions of other users (coworkers) with numbers that match the current dialing pattern.
3. When dialing is complete, press the green dial icon to begin the call.
Receiving a Call1. When there is an incoming call the caller ID along with answer and reject buttons will be displayed.
Active CallWhen there is an active call in progress;the status, dialed number, and call timer will be displayed at the top of the screen along with the following call functions:
Contacts1. The Contacts view shows coworkers as well as contacts from the phone.
2. The coworker contacts are synced from the contacts found in the online Portal.
Switching Contacts View1. By default, the view will show coworkers. To toggle between coworkers and phone contacts.
2. Clicking on the Contacts pulldown in the header, allows the user to select which set of contacts to view.
Searching Contacts1. To filter/search contacts, click the magnifying glass in the upper right, then type in the name to filter.
Adding Contacts1. Clicking the plus icon in the upper right brings up the Add contact view.
2.Complete the fields to add a contact then click the check button in the upper right to save the contact to coworkers.
Contact View (Edit/Dial)When viewing the list of contacts, the user can click on a contact to view details.
The contact’s extension/phone number(s) and email addresses (if available) will be displayed.
Edit contacts will allow you to edit contacts that are found in the online Portal only and not the contacts that are stored in the Android phone’s contacts.
Voicemail1. The Voicemail view shows the user’s voicemail box
2. Users can click the play button to listen to the message or click elsewhere on the message to display additional options.
Switching Mailbox Views1. Clicking on the Voicemail pull down in the header allows the user to select New or Saved messages.
Call History1. The Call History view displays the user’s call history including inbound, outbound, and missed calls.
2. The records displayed will show caller ID if available, call direction (inbound, outbound, or missed), call time, and call duration.
3. Clicking the info icon displays additional details.
4. Clicking elsewhere on the call history record will return the call.
Switching Call History Views1. Clicking on the Call History pull down in the header allows the user to select a view of All, Missed, Inbound, or Outbound Call History.
The Side Navigation bar can be opened by pressing the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner or by swiping right from the left-hand side of the screen. The Side Navigation bar has the following functions:
Clicking on the name of the user at the top left of the Side Navigation launches the profile view. From here you can see/edit the following content:
Clicking on Answering Rules displays a list of the user’s answering rules. To re-prioritize the rules, grab the grip at the right to reorder the answering rules, the change will be automatically saved.
Clicking on Greetings allows the user to manage voicemail greetings. The following functions are available: