Knowledgebase: Hosted PBX
How to enable Day Mode routing
Posted by Albert Diaz, Last modified by Albert Diaz on 06 May 2019 07:37 PM
The Day Mode feature allows a User on the PBX to toggle day/night call routing, for one or multiple phone numbers, by dialing a star code.|
Some things to know.
How to set it up.
1. First create a "Day" time frame. This is case sensitive. Set When to Always.
2. Next create a "Night" or "Closed" time frame. Set When to Always.
3. Go to the Users page, uncheck Hide System Users and select the 001 Inbound Route User.
4. Create an Answering Rule for the Day time frame. In most cases you will want to enable Forward Always to the intended destination like the main Auto Attendant.
5. Create an Answering Rule for the Night or Closed time frame. In most cases you will want to enable Forward Always to the intended destination like a voicemail or answering service.
6. Make sure your Answering Rules look like the image below. The Day rule MUST be the top most rule.
7. Configure your phone number(s) to route to the 001 Inbound Route User.
How to use Day Mode routing.
1. Dial *329 from any phone in the PBX. The system prompt will let you know if is enabled or disabled.
2. When enabled calls will route per the Day answering rule settings.
3. When disabled, the day rule will be ignore and calls will route per the Night answering rule settings.