Knowledgebase: Hosted PBX
How to enable Call Recording
Posted by Albert Diaz, Last modified by Gabe Olano on 16 September 2020 08:58 AM
Call Recording is an add-on feature to any Hosted PBX or Hosted Call Center solution.|
Please refer to your MSA for more information on pricing and packaging. However, call recording is currently being offered as a service.
There are 2 methods for enabling call recording.
1. Device Level: When enabling call recording for a device any call placed or received by that device will be recorded.
**Note: this is NOT User recording but rather Device recording. For example: This method allows you to enable recording on the main desktop device but skip it for any additional devices like mobile apps, web phones, home phones, etc... that may belong to the same User. It's more granular and offers better control.
2. Queue Level: When enabling call recording for a call queue any INBOUND call that routes through that queue will be recording and ONLY calls that route through that queue will be recorded.
**Note: When queue recording is used calls received that did NOT route through a queue will NOT be recorded and calls placed by the User will NOT be recorded.
How to enable Device Recording.
1. Go to the Users page, select a User and go to the Phones tab.
2. Select the device you want enable recording for and set Record Calls to Yes.
How to enable Call Queue Recording.
1. Go to the Call Queues page, select a queue and set Record Calls to Yes.