Knowledgebase: Hosted PBX
How to Use Group Chat
Posted by Xavier Gonzalez, Last modified by Albert Diaz on 18 February 2021 05:04 PM
Group chat is a feature that allows you to create conversations with multiple user contacts. |
Using Group Chat (Manager Portal) Starting a new conversation
1. To access group chat, log into the Portal with any user scope
2. Click on the message icon button in the top right of the contacts dock to start a new conversation.
3. Continue to the new conversation box and add the user participants that you want to add to your new conversation. Press Start to create a new conversation.
1. Once in the group conversation, you can enact the following actions directly from within the conversation header Add/remove participants
a. Rename the conversation – this change will be seen by all other users in the conversation
b. Leave the conversation
c. Delete the conversation (this will function as deleting a 1 on 1 conversation would now)
d. Change to a video conference with the existing chat participant
Accessing Recent Conversations
All recent group and one-on-one conversations can be accessed through the Recents tab located at the tops of the contact’s dock.
Using Group Chat (SNAPMobile Web) Starting a new conversation
1.To access group chat, log into SNAPMobile Web with any user scope.
2.Then click on the pencil icon in the bottom right of the page to start a new conversation button.
3.Continue to the new conversation box and add the user participants that you want to add to your new conversation.
4. Press the green checkmark in the top right to continue and to create the conversation.
1. Once in the group conversation, you can enact the following actions by clicking on the three vertical dots in the top right of the conversation header.
2. Add/remove participants
3. Change the conversation name – this change will be seen by all other users in this conversation
4. Leave the conversation
5. Delete the conversation