Knowledgebase: Hosted PBX
Hot Desking (aka Hoteling)
Posted by Albert Diaz on 28 October 2021 12:03 PM
Hot Desking (aka Hoteling) is a feature that allows multiple phone users to share a single device.|
This practice is common in offices where employees have a floating workspace or employees on different shifts share the same workspace.
1. Create a Customer, activate a PBX and create Extension Users like you normally would.
2. Do NOT add any devices to the newly created Extension Users.
3. Open a ticket with the support team requesting to activate hot desking for a PBX and provide the following info:
(a) Customer Name:
(b) PBX Domain ID:
(c) Number of Stations/Devices that will be deployed:
4. Once the setup has been completed by our support team, they will respond with the device details.
Activating a Device / Logging In:
1. Dial *21 from any device.
2. When prompted for an "account Number" enter your Extension Number.
3. When Prompted for a "Password" enter your Voicemail PIN.
4. The current owner will be announced and the system will prompt you to press 2 to take ownership of the device.
Releasing a Device / Logging Out
1. Dial *22 from the device.