**Legacy** Voicemail to E-mail
Posted by Tech Support, Last modified by Taylor Lobo on 21 August 2019 03:03 PM
The following will explain how to set up voicemail-to-e-mail and the available options.
- Go to Service Features --> Voice Calls/Incoming Calls --> Manage UM Account.
- A new window or tab will open with the Current Folder: INBOX window. From this window, go to the last icon in the top left blue area and in the dropdown menu select UM Preferences.
- Go the External E-mail tab.
- The Java Security notification will pop up. Check the accept box and click "Run".
- Lastly in the E-mail field enter the e-mail or e-mails that should get the voicemail. Then select the Action. Choose between Copy and Forward and click Save or Save & Close.
- E-mail Field
- Any e-mail address can entered. e.g.: email@example.com (fictional address)
- Multiple addresses can be added by using a comma (,).
- Voicemails can even be copied to another voicemail account. Treat the second voicemail account as an e-mail and add it to the E-mail field. Use the following format as the account's e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (this is account 15555551234's voicemail box).
- Action Dropdown
- Copy - This option will send an e-mail with the voicemail attached as an MP3 and leave a copy on the server which means it will be available on the user's IP phone.
- Forward - This option will send an e-mail with the voicemail , but it will not leave a copy on the server which means it will not be available on the user's IP phone.