Knowledgebase: Microsoft Teams Direct Routing
How to Delete Previous Direct Routing Settings
Posted by Albert Diaz, Last modified by Albert Diaz on 26 February 2021 05:53 PM
This guide will show you how to remove all existing Teams Direct Routing settings that may have been implemented by a previous provider.|
These steps are not always required but highly recommended to avoid any conflicting configurations.
These steps are only recommended for customers who have already used Direct Routing in the past. If this is the customers first time using Direct Routing then these steps are not necessary.
Delete All Previous Direct Routing Settings
1. Login into the https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/
2. Search for the users that are related to the Direct Route that you want to delete
a. For Each User Navigate to Policies.
b. Click Edit.
c. Reset their Voice Route Policy to Global Default Policy.
d. Select Apply.
3. Navigate to Voice.
a. Click on Direct Routing.
4. Navigate to the Voice Routes tab.
5. Select Voice Route related to the Direct Routing you want to delete.
6. Delete the Voice Route.
7. Once removed, navigate to Voice routing policies.
8. Delete Voice Route policy that is associated with the Direct Route you want to delete.
9. Navigate to Microsoft Admin Center.
10. Navigate to Users then Active Users.
11. Search for the Direct Routing User that is created by the Direct Route provider you wish to remove.
12. Delete the User.
13. Navigate to Settings
14. Click Domains.
15. Select the Domain that is set up by the Direct Route provided and Remove domain.
16. Navigate to Azure Active Directory under Admin centers.
17. Select Users from the left menu.
18. Navigate to Deleted Users.
19. Permanently delete the User that was removed in step 12.
Other Helpful Articles for Direct Routing
1. Introduction to Microsoft Teams Direct Routing for Resellers
2. Supported Licenses for Microsoft Direct Routing
3. Activate a Direct Routing Service in RingLogix
4. Assign a Phone Number to a User in Teams
5. Troubleshoot Direct Routing Setup and Sync